Super light doesn't have to mean super-fragile. The 4D's high-modulus frame is made from solid carbon rather than delicate tubes, super-stiff but tough enough to bend in a circle without breaking. So this is a kite you can fly in moderate winds too, up to 15 mph without overpowering or worry about breakage
In the air, the 4D has the precision and presence of a much larger kite. The line feel is balanced and responsive without being twitchy like most small kites. Its lightweight and buoyancy make it forgiving in turbulence and gives you time to recover as the gust passes. For freestyle fanatics, it'll do a huge range of tricks without the heavy feel of many trick kites. While it takes smaller motions to fly, you don’t have to be an expert to have a blast and even beginners can learn on it with a bit of patience.
Prism 4D Features
- Small size flies in more places for new opportunities
- Super light weight adds extra buoyancy in inconsistent winds
- Tough but light carbon frame and reinforcements handle a wide wind range from 0 to 15 mph
- Folds up tiny to travel in a suitcase or backpack
- Solid pull and balanced controls perform like a bigger kite
Prism 4D Design Details
- Wingtip Tensioning System: Innovative wingtip fittings make tensioning and de-tensioning the leading edge a snap for quick setup and takedown.
- Padded Case: Compact padded case protects your investment for travel and includes an extra line set retainer for an ultra-short indoor lineset
- Two-piece Leading Edge & Spreader: Lets you fold the kite down to 23″ to fit in a suitcase or backpack.
- Minimalist Sail Pattern: Elegant design saves seam weight and looks great in the sky.
- Icarex Sail: Super-light Icarex polyester sail won't fade in the sun and won't absorb moisture to stay light on wet days.
- Upper Spreader Wear Patch: Replaceable reinforcement patch resists wear from upper spreader chafe.
- Turbo Bridle: Simple turbo bridle geometry is easy to adjust with limit knots so you can't set it out of flying range.
- Fixed Standoff Positions: Custom-molded sail fittings prevent lost standoffs.
The Prism 4D comes ready to fly and includes:
- Prism 4D Kite
- 50# x 50' Spectra flying line and wrist straps
- Padded carry case
Prism 4D Specifications
- Wind Range
- 0 to 15 mph
- 0 to 24 kph
- 58″ / 147 cm
- 2.5 oz / 71 g
- Sail Fabric
- Icarex Polyester and Mylar Laminate
- .098 high modulus Micro-carbon
- Kite Speed
- Skill Level
- Beginner to Advanced