WindPower Sports in Las Vegas is owned and operated by Corey Jensen. Opened in 1996 by Scott Dyer as BFK Sports of Las Vegas, the shop has evolved into a world-wide presence with the popularity of the internet. Far from just another kite seller, Corey has been actively involved in growing the sport and business of kites since 1977.
Corey was President of the American Kitefliers Association in 1988. He has judged at Sport Kite Competitions across North America as well as in Europe, Australia, Japan and South Africa. For 14 years (1984-1998) Corey worked as the field announcer every August at the Washington State International Kite Festival (WSIKF) in Long Beach, Washington. From 1985 to 1996, Corey was the Head Buckaroo at Windborne Kites on historic Cannery Row in Monterey, California.
An avid kite flyer, Corey flies fighters, single, dual and quad line kites as well as power kites. One of the earliest buggy riders, Corey has been teaching kite and buggy techniques and sharing his enthusiasm for the sport. In 2007 he won the American Kitefliers Association's Steve Edeiken Memorial Kiteflier of the Year Award. The annual award is given to those people who during their lifetime will have shown friendly, loving, fair, and even-handed concern for people in general, but kitefliers in particular, kite flying in general, but for craftsmanship and technical developments in particular, and communication in general, but for leading and participating in kite events in particular. He moved to Las Vegas in 1999 to have more opportunity to buggy the vast desert dry lakes.
If you would like to visit us on your next trip to Las Vegas or if you live in town here is a map to our store.
Kite Store and Customer Service Hours
- Monday: 10 to 5 (Pacific) 1 to 8 (Eastern)
- Tuesday: 10 to 5 (Pacific) 1 to 8 (Eastern)
- Wednesday: 10 to 5 (Pacific) 1 to 8 (Eastern)
- Thursday: 10 to 5 (Pacific) 1 to 8 (Eastern)
- Friday: 10 to 5 (Pacific) 1 to 8 (Eastern)
- Saturday: 10 to 2 (Pacific) 1 to 5 (Eastern)
- Sunday: Closed
- Phone: 702-220-4340
- Fax: 702-220-4341
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: 3111 S Valley View Blvd #A116 - Las Vegas, NV 89102
WindPower Sports in the News and Media
- Las Vegas Review Journal: A CHANGE OF SEASON: Watch worries disappear at the end of a kite string
- Las Vegas Sun - Las Vegas climate ripe for kite enthusiasts
- Las Vegas View - UP, UP AND AWAY: Fly like the wind
- Las Vegas View - HARNESS THE POWER: Windy sport taking off
- Living Las Vegas: Megan Edwards - Sailing on the Sand
- KNPB: PBS Reno - Wild Nevada: Las Vegas to Laughlin: Water & Wind Fun
- Las Vegas View - Land Sailing: Sport Kiting sets Sail
- Las Vegas Review Journal - Fifth-graders test the winds by making their own kites
WindPower Sports is a member of the Kite Trade Association International.